A recent survey by Robert Half titled, “It’s time we all work happy: The secrets of the happiest companies and employees” reveals there are several factors that drive happiness with pride (51%), fairness and respect (51%), and feeling appreciated (50%) as the top drivers.
When employers host company events and recognize the efforts of their employees, this gesture drives happiness and, in effect, productivity and results.
Company-wide inclusion is seen as an investment in their people and does not go unnoticed. Fortunately, today’s corporate events are not like those of the past, where dry speakers go on and on in a less than lively boardroom or rented meeting space. Company event ideas today are much more energetic and larger in scale and are created for employees, so they feel appreciated and engrossed in the company’s overall mission and vision.
Now that you know the benefits of hosting a company event, read on to learn how to elevate your next corporate gathering.
On Trend Event Concepts
From a theme to talent and branding, even the smallest details will make an impact. If your concepts align with current trends, you are sure to up the wow-factor. Some of the hottest company event ideas leaving a lasting impression on today’s attendees include:
1. Taking it back to the 80’s: A great theme party can make the whole event. Transport your guests back in time with some simple neon. Think glow sticks and 80’s attire with a great DJ playing top hits from that decade. Before you know it, you have a party! Go a step further by bringing in a glow makeup artist to help your guests really “get into the groove” a la Madonna circa 1985! It may seem simple but carrying a theme across every aspect of the event can help tie everything together.
2. A scavenger hunt: Break guests into groups and let the healthy competition begin! A scavenger hunt around the city, or even around the venue, is a fun way to make the experience immersive. It’s also a great teambuilding and networking activity!
3. Escape Rooms: Escape Rooms are a big hit for groups and are now popping up in most major cities. Your company can even opt to design your own escape room with a unique theme that can link back to the corporate message. Clues, for instance, can tie into an earlier keynote that was delivered at the event. Activities like this promote engagement and allow different groups of people who might not always engage with each other, to work together on the same team.
4. Food trucks: Food trucks are all the rage right now. This delicious trend is a great way to customize your event with food that’s outside of the typical “ballroom” fare. With this option you can feed a large group with a variety of choices – including vegetarian, gluten free, etc. And, it’s perfect for an outdoor event!
5. The pampered guest: Everyone enjoys feeling pampered in addition to being entertained. Bring in a manicurist or chair massages. Offer shoe shining. Guided meditation or yoga offerings also allow guests to focus on health and wellness – something they might desire but not always have the time for. Treat your guests to some “me time,” because we all need a little of that!
Impact Communications excels in crafting winning company event ideas that bring a level of value that goes beyond pure entertainment to promote team building and growth for your employees. From event conceptualization to branding, video production and talent, our team can handle every aspect of your next company event. Check out our portfolio for a sampling of some of the unique events we have produced for our clients.